SMS marketing is the process to send promotional, transactional messages for marketing purpose via text messages. These promotional messages are mostly sent to communicate offers, updates, and alerts to people.
This SMS marketing definition sounds too complicated? Don’t worry. This article covers all types of SMS marketing and how can you get benefits doing this for your business.
If you want to communicate with your customers, don’t think that they come to you. It’s your tasks to go to them where they are. And it’s not possible to knock everyone door to door with your messages. The best thing you can do:
Nowadays people become more attached to their mobile phones. So, text messages become the most direct communication media.
Best practice for SMS marketing
When you are trying to find the answer of SMS marketing definition you have to consider the basic rules and the best practices which bring very good results.
1. Opted in contacts: Text marketing is one of the effective media of communication to your potential customers. There are some rules to follow when you are planning to start your SMS marketing strategy. The most important of these is getting permission from your customers when they receive SMS. SMS has the best open ratio than other marketing media but it won’t work if they don’t want to see your messages.
2. Choose the appropriate time: Like emails, everyone checked text SMS on a daily basis. Sometimes people open SMS very immediately, so its great for urgent messaging. But you don’t want to abuse the power of SMS marketing by sending them in at odd hours. Choose the best time to send the offers to get some extra benefits.
3. Add company name: When you send your promotions, text messages, offers, including the company name. Sometimes it happens that you send offers and coupon codes but the contacts don’t know who send this or why so. it’s very important to recognize you and your business.
What is SMS marketing used for?
SMS marketing can help you in a number of different ways. There is some better idea that anyone can do with SMS and it might help your business.
1. Short-term promotion: Coupon and instant offers are an excellent way to drive more people to your store or website. If you are planning to target limited time sale, you need to send as many people to know about it as possible.
2. Urgent updates: If you have the urgent updates to publish and you want your customer will know the information. SMS marketing is the best way to do this. Just create a content about the updates and send the text all of them they will get the information instantly. Also if you want to plan and executing an event, with SMS you can easily communicate any changes, updates, general information with your potential customers.
3. Alerts: If you have a large number of employees and you want to send them to leave alert or anything important it’s really hard to communicate with them at a time. SMS can help you to send the alert messages instantly.
Related: SMS marketing services
Benefit from using SMS marketing?
After you know the SMS marketing definition now we can go for the benefits of SMS. There are many different businesses can get benefits from SMS marketing. It can be one of the essential parts of digital marketing. Almost all types of business can use SMS marketing but there is certain business can’t live without SMS marketing in their marketing strategy.
E-commerce stores: SMS marketing is a great tool for E-commerce business. No E-commerce store can’t grow their sales without SMS marketing strategy because they promote a lot of offers, deals etc.
Travel business: SMS is very essential for travel business because customers need real-time information. Travel business can send the updates, flight time, gate changes, cancellations, weather updates and more they need to send. With SMS marketing they can send the real-time updates that really the customers want to know.
Service business: If you have a service business as a product you really need an SMS marketing strategy. Make sure that your all clients never miss the appointments reminder via SMS.
Large organizations: Internal communication is very important for a business especially a large business with 100+ employees. For urgent commination, email is too slow so the solution is SMS. Send a text with all detail to all the employees so that they can get the update information at a time.
Now you have the detail idea about the SMS marketing definition and how it works and which type of business can grow their business.